Terms of Service
Last Updated: Febraury 16, 2021
The following terms of service and use between you and Sonato, Inc. ("Sonato", "we". "our"), together with any policies incorporated by reference (collectively "Terms"), govern your access to and use of sonato.com, any mobile application we may develop for members and/or participating club networks, and any content and functionality offered thereon (the "Site").
By accessing, or using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use this Site.
These Terms will explain how we provide our services to you, and what obligations you have as a member of Sonato. The functionality offered on our Site is referred to as the "Service." "Participating clubs are clubs that participate in Sonato's reciprocity program known as the Sonato Alliance. A "home club is the club where a member has a regular club membership. A "host club" is a club that is within the network of a member's home club and which the member visits, pursuant to privileges acquired through Sonato. A "network" refers to a group of clubs selected by a participating club, who are mutually eligible to send members to other clubs in the network, and to accept visits from members of other clubs in the network. All clubs in a network must be participating clubs.
Sonato's Obligations to You
Sonato will do the following:
- Enable you to choose which host cubs to visit among the participating clubs in your home club's network and assist you in communicating with Host Clubs ("Service")
- Answer any questions you have regarding the Terms and the operation of your account
What We Ask of Members
We ask our members to agree to the following:
- Read and understand the Terms and let us know if you have any questions.
- Use the Service responsibly including showing courtesy to host clubs in all communications and visits.
- Do not allow anyone other than yourself and Sonato to access your account.
- Immediately pay for any goods or services consumed at a host club.
- Be prompt for all reservations at a host club
- Comply with the host club charter and ensure that your guests do as well.
- Use the Service solely for your own benefit and do not sell, lease, assign, lend, hire or gift any part of the Service to any other person
- Comply with all of the Terms.
What we ask of Participating Clubs
The conduct of participating clubs on the Site shall be consistent with these Terms and the terms and conditions set forth in the Master Services Agreement (and all Addenda) between the participating club and Sonato.
Security and Member Privacy
Please maintain the confidentiality of your password and account. You are responsible for all member or participating club accessible activities that occur under your account. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Sonato has put in place security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information collected.
Member Account Registration
To register as a Sonato member, you agree to:
- Provide us with current, complete and accurate information about yourself (the registration data).
- Maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it current, complete and accurate.
- Represent only yourself on the Service, and no other persons
- If Sonato has reasonable grounds to believe your information is not current, or is incomplete or inaccurate, we may suspend your membership.
Membership Renewals and Cancellations
Memberships will continue indefinitely until canceled by the member, the member's home club, or Sonato.
Cancellation of Your Membership Account
You can cancel your membership at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sonato's Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Sonato content including but not limited to (1) text, (2) software, (3) photographs, (4) graphics, (5) page layout, and (6) design presented through and as part of the Service by Sonato (collectively the "Content") is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws.
Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Sonato Site constitute trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property collectively referred to as "IP rights" of Sonato. You agree that Sonato retains and owns all right, title and interest in the Content and IP Rights, and that the Terms do not transfer or convey to you any ownership right, title or interest in or to the Content and IP Rights, and that you will not contest or challenge the ownership of the Content and IP Rights.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and the warranties on the part of Sonato contained in this Terms are given in place of and replace, exclude and extinguish all and every other condition or warranty whatsoever on the part of Sonato, written or oral, whether express or implied by statute, regulation, directive or any other legislative or administrative enactment, common law, trade usage, custom or otherwise to the full extent permitted by law. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, SONATO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USE OF TRADE.
The information and content included in or available through the Service may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Changes are periodically added to the information and functionality contained with the Service and Sonato and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Service at any time.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Sonato or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms. Except as otherwise expressly provided in the Terms, Sonato does NOT represent or warrant:
- That the Service will meet your requirements
- That the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, timely or secure
- That defects or errors will be corrected, or that the Service or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components
- That the use of or the results of the use of the Service or the content made available as part of the Service will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable
- Host clubs will accommodate a member's visit or reservation request
- That a member's communications and visits with host clubs will be satisfactory
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT SONATO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR:
- UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE
- ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION
- DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE
- DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA
ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH:
- USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE OR RELATED WEBSITES
- DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR RELATED WEBSITES
- PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE
- SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE
- DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION
- COMPUTER VIRUS
- COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE
- DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS
- WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE - EVEN IF SONATO OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY PART OF THE SERVICE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE AND ITS RELATED WEBSITE AT ALL TIMES AND IN ANY EVENT THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SONATO TO ITS MEMBERS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE PAID BY THE INDIVIDUAL MEMBER TO SONATO
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sonato, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable legal fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the Service.
Modification and Termination of the Service
You agree that Sonato, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account or use of the Service, and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including without limitation, if Sonato believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Terms. Sonato may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue temporarily or permanently providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
Modification to the Terms
Sonato reserves the right to change the Terms or policies regarding the use of the Service at any time by posting the modified Terms or policies, which become effective immediately upon posting.
Sonato reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Sonato shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or discontinuance of the Service.
Please report any violations of the Terms to Customer Support via email@example.com.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Sonato and the member and supersede any previous agreement or understanding between Sonato and the member.
These Terms shall be governed in all respects by California law without reference to its conflict or choice of law rules or principles, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California.